Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Day 11: Half Way There... Better Days Ahead

I started just a few miles before White Cloud and walked 26.2 miles to a little village called Casnovia. Although it was a tough walk because of small, but numerous hills, I started to feel even more optimistic about my situation. My left leg felt so much better than yesterday because of the weight shifting technique I started using a few days ago.
I have walked a total of 248.3 miles which means that I crossed the half way point sometime today. I didn't even look back to think about it. Sometimes it's better that way, not to look back on things, even in life. I believe that sometimes it's better to just take things in stride and concentrate on the road ahead of me. With every step I took today, I tried to think about the fact that tomorrow I'll reach Grand Rapids where I'll make a sharp left turn and start heading for home. Although I've met some very kind and interesting people so far, I'll be happy to leave the pain behind me.

No comments: