Thursday, August 7, 2008

Day 12: Cookie and Corky

I was surprised by the huge hills in and around Grand Rapids. By the time I got to the 22 mile mark, I had to stop. I just couldn't go another step. Although the shin split has almost completely healed, I have two infected toes on my right foot that makes it very difficult to walk. I think I have few extra miles from other days that I can add to today's junior marathon to make the average.

Fortunately, my sister Gail, affectionately know as "Cookie" since she was five, arrived from Vancouver today. Her friend Kathy a.k.a. "Corky" brought her to Grand Rapids from the Detroit airport and already things seem to be getting better. They have taken charge of the situation and are helping me with everything from foot care to public relations.

No comments: