Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Day 10: The Breeze

Today brought the same relentless heat and humity until the twenty mile mark when the breeze of my life hit me... I appreciated all 30 seconds of it. Not much else happened as I travelled along M-37. I did see some wild turkeys and deer and spoke with a cyclist from Kentucky. Homes were few and far between in this remote part of Michigan and many displayed an American flag.

My right leg has been forced to work much harder to relieve the pain in my left shin and allow it to heal. Unfortunately, this has caused some severe blistering to my right foot and toes. I'm dealing with this the best way I know how, but I am concerned for the days ahead. The miles became progressively more difficult with the last 2 of 28.2 feeling nearly impossible.

I really felt like quitting today but I didn't.. and I won't!

No comments: