Friday, August 1, 2008

Day 6: No where to walk

I've walk a total of 133 miles so far. I started walking late today at 8:40 am. I woke up with a severe cramp in my calf muscle .... no doubt related to the infection which is slowly healing and the shin splint in my left leg. I spent more than two hours wondering what the hell to do. I was afraid that I would lose another day which would be impossible to make up. I called Chris, my trainer and he suggested some heat rub cream. It worked, but why didn't I think of that? I've noticed that I am having trouble remembering little things lately and thinking logically, especially in the morning. I believe it's related to the stress I am putting on my body and the constant focus I must place on the road. I have to concentrate with every step because the shoulder of the road is very narrow and at times non existent. That has been the story of highway 31 from the beginning and is only getting worse as I move further south along this narrow strip of land between two lakes from Charlevoix to Traverse City.

My intention was to walk 28.2 miles today, but it started pouring rain at the 25 mile mark. Since I was already soaked, rain gear would have been pointless so I finished last last mile of 26.2 and called it a day. I miss Jana.

No comments: