Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Day 17: Plymouth

First thing this morning, I ran into some construction between Chelsea and Ann Arbor which shaved a few miles off of my route to Plymouth. This could not be avoided and actually worked out in my favour. It allowed me to make a quick stop in Ann Arbor to have a doctor look at my feet just to make sure I'm not putting them at too much risk by trying to finish the walk. Thank You so much to my friend Karen, a nurse, who organized the whole visit for me. Also thank you to her co-workers and Dr. W for being so helpful and supportive.

I have walked well over 400 miles so far and am looking forward to finishing. Although my original intention was to walk 472 miles, the final number will be pretty close. Due to injuries, road construction, and a few miscalculations, I estimate that I will fall short by approximately 15 miles for the entire event. I can live with that.

I finished today in Plymouth at Kellog Park where I was greeted by some friends, family members and strangers for some moral support. My pace was pretty solid at about 3 miles an hour. It was a great day. Also, thank you to my cousins Greg. Lori and Rachel for the fantastic dinner and letting us stay the night.

16 down and 2 to go!!

Info for the finish line:

The Victory Walk will end at Campus Martius (800 Woodward Ave)
in Downtown Detroit on Thursday August 14.
My estimated time of arrival is between 5:30 and 5:45 p.m.
All are welcome!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

keep up the good work Sean. I bet you can't Wait to get to the finish line. I'm thinking about you and talking everyday.

Shane