Monday, August 11, 2008

Day 16: Chelsea

After a very positive finish yesterday, I was surprised by the difficulties I had today. My left foot has been cramping intermittently for 3 days and is now swollen and tender making every step a challenge. The nail on my big right toe is very angry with me and will be leaving me very soon - so now both feet hurt. The hills and curves on the road into Chelsea are hardly noticeable, while driving a car, but on foot it's hell if you are approaching the 400 mile mark in just 15 days.

A friend of mine from work grew up in Chelsea and her parents have offered us a place to stay. I am so grateful to Ron and Kathy for the wonderful dinner and for opening their home to us.

I am looking forward to arriving in Plymouth tomorrow night, Tuesday August 12th where we will meet up with some family and friends at Kellog Park at 6pm - all are welcome!

Since I had to take a day off of walking back on July 30th, I have tried to make up the mileage along the way to finish in 18 days. Despite my good intentions and effort, it has been impossible to do so. With the equivalent of 15 marathons behind me and 3 to go, I am confident that I will finish the 18, but unfortunately, I will be 1 day late. Therefore, my current projected finish will be in Detroit on Thursday, August 14th at 6pm at a downtown location to be confirmed by tomorrow- sorry for the short notice. I would be delighted to see you all at the finish line.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You are awesome!

Hope your feet are better today!

Louise